June 04, 2020
Base node v0.3.0 release
Tari base node v0.3.0 release
Tari Base Node v0.3.0 is available for download!
Note: This release includes a breaking change to the local blockchain DB. A node upgrading to this version will need to delete its existing db and resync the blockchain.
Important: You do not need to delete your wallet. Fake funds are SAFU.
To reset your database, follow these steps:
- Stop your node.
- Locate your Tari data folder. The default locations are
~/.tarion Mac or Linux and
- Delete the
rincewind/peer_dbfolders in their entirety. You can leave
dht.db, and the
- Restart your node. Re-syncing takes an hour or more right now.
New Features in this release
- Several of back-end changes (hence the need to reset the db) to accommodate pruned mode nodes.
- Several new gRPC endpoints for use by the block explorer (and future wallets) (#1922)
- Increase redundancy for Store and Forward messages (#1929). This PR increases the number of nodes that will see and store a SAF message when it reaches the neighbourhood of the destination.
- Have Messaging protocol substreams close after a period of inactivity (#1913)
- Fix mobile build by emitting
cargo:rerun-if-changeddirective automatically for protobuf (#1926)
- Fix missing Source and Destination Pubkeys in FFI Transaction Cancellation callback return (#1933)